The websites www.opscidia.com and journals.opscidia.com are operated by Opscidia SAS, a company registered in France under the Number 85095456100013, with registered offices at 12 Rue Anselme 93400 Saint-Ouen sur Seine, France and VAT number FR41850954561.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITION OF USE
- Use of the websites www.opscidia.com and journals.opscidia.com (the Websites) is subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Websites, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. They form a binding contract between you and Opscidia SAS (‘Opscidia’).
- Certain parts of these websites are subject to registration. Additional Terms and Conditions which are given below apply to said parts.
- The Websites may only be used for lawful purposes.
- WWW.OPSCIDIA.COM and JOURNALS.OPSCIDIA.COM AND THEIR CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR USE ‘AS IS’. OPSCIDIA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITES OR THEIR CONTENTS, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE RELATING TO THE WEBSITES AND/OR THEIR CONTENT AND/OR ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH THEY ARE LINKED ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON WWW.OPSCIDIA.COM AND JOURNALS.OPSCIDIA.COM, OR ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH THEY ARE LINKED.
- In no event shall Opscidia or its employees, agents, suppliers, or contractors be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any consequential loss, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or any other loss, cost, claim or expense of any kind or character arising out of or in connection with the use of www.opscidia.com or journals.opscidia.com, its content or any website with which it is linked. This exclusion and limitation only apply to the extent permitted by law.
- The Websites contain contents made available under a creative commons licence (CC-BY) (“Open Access Content”) and content that is the property of Opscidia (“Proprietary Content”). The copyright on the Open Access Content belongs to the licensors thereof. The copyright on the Proprietary Content belongs to Opscidia. The trademarks appearing on the Websites are protected by the relevant trademark laws. The Open Access Content may only be used in accordance with the terms of the applicable Creative Commons license by which it is made available. Reproduction of the Proprietary Content on the Websites is prohibited unless express permission is given by Opscidia.
- Except where expressly explained otherwise, no license is granted in respect of any intellectual property rights vested in Opscidia or other third parties.
- Opscidia reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions by posting changes on this page. You will be deemed to have accepted such changes if you use the Websites after Opscidia has published the amended Terms and Conditions on this page.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French Law.
REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use of the Websites is subject to the General Terms and Conditions given above. Registration on the Websites is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By clicking “I accept the Registration Terms and Conditions” when registering, you agree to be bound by these conditions.
- On registration, you must provide Opscidia with complete, accurate and truthful information and you must inform Opscidia of any changes to that information by emailing email@example.com
- Every registration is personal. Each registration is for a single user only. You will be asked to choose a user name and a password which in combination will be unique to you, and will be designed as ‘Your Identification Details’. You must not permit any other person to share use of Your Identification Details or permit multiple users to access the Websites using Your Identification Details.
- You are responsible for all use of the Websites using Your Identification Details and for preventing unauthorized use of Your Identification Details. If you believe that there has been or will be a potential breach of Your Identification Details security, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be required to provide Your Identification Details to gain access to some part of the Websites.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO MATERIAL
Use of the Websites is subject to the General Terms and Conditions given above. Certain part of the Websites allow the user to submit Material (as hereinafter defined). The submission of Material to the Websites is subject to additional Terms and Conditions. By clicking “I accept the Terms and Conditions relating to Materials” before you submit your first Material, you agree to be bound by these conditions every time you submit Material.
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of the Websites offer the opportunity for users to post opinions, information and material including without limitation academic papers and data (‘Material’) in areas of the website. Opscidia does not claim any ownership in the Material that you or any other user posts. Opscidia does not screen, edit, publish or review material prior to its appearance on the website and is not responsible for it. Material does not reflect the views or opinions of Opscidia, its agents or affiliates. Any view or opinion expressed in any Material is the view or opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Opscidia shall not be responsible or liable for the Material or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or reliance on and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Material on the Website.
- The Websites shall not be used in any unlawful manner, including without limitation, by posting, uploading, downloading or otherwise using any Material that you do not have the copyright owners permission to so post, upload, download or otherwise use, or that would result in you being in breach of any clause of these Terms and Conditions.
- Opscidia reserves the right to monitor all Material and to remove any Material which it considers at its sole discretion to be unlawful, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- By uploading Material, you warrant and represent that:
- The Material is in compliance with all applicable laws;
- You are entitled to post or upload the Material on the Websites and you have all the necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- the Material does not infringe any third party’s intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right;
- the Material does not contain any libellous, offensive, defamatory, indecent or otherwise unlawful Material;
- the Material does not contain any piece of code designed to destroy, interrupt, or limit the functionality of the Websites or any of the Websites’ user’s computer equipment or software, including, without limitation contaminating or destructive features or devices such as viruses or time bombs;
- the Material will not be used to solicit or promote any commercial activities or unlawful activities.
- By uploading Material you grant to Opscidia an irrevocable non-exclusive royalty-free license to keep a copy of Material for a reasonable period and as necessary to enable it to comply with its legal obligations. You also agree that the Material, if accepted for publication by one of the journal hosted on Opscidia’s platform, will be shared under a CC-BY licence.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Opscidia, its affiliates, contractors and agents against any and all losses whether direct, indirect or consequential, including without limitation any damages, claims, costs or expenses of whatever nature, which may be caused directly or indirectly by you through any breach of these Terms and Conditions. You hereby agree to indemnify Opscidia, its affiliates, contractors and agents against any and all losses whether direct, indirect or consequential, including without limitation any damages, claims, costs or expenses of whatever nature, arising directly or indirectly from the Material posted by you on the Websites, including without limitation as a result of any infringement of any intellectual property or other proprietary rights, defamation, libel, obscenity or the Material being otherwise unlawful.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with French Law.